Wednesday, October 07, 2009

What's hot + what's not on a Wednesday

JAM HOT

:: Halloween party planning. The costuming opportunities! I'm thinking stripey-stockinged hula-hoop girl for our circus-themed house party; and road-kill for the Halloween roller-stroll.

:: the delightful Words & Pictures by Quentin Blake, an out-of-print book I've been trying to track down a copy of for ages. Praise [insert deity here] for ebay bargains.



:: Coffee made by the 2009 World Barista Champion. If you happen to be in the East London area, I highly recommend you take some time out to visit lovely yorkshireman Gwilym Davies at his stall in Columbia Road, or at the Golden Horn on Shoreditch High Street.



VERY NOT

:: Going shopping to buy a pair of blue-green tights and coming back with boots, heels, belt, two new coats, chunky necklace and jumper. But no tights.

:: Overdrawn bank accounts (see above).

:: This weird Autumnal cross-over period - it's drizzly and the nights are getting longer, but it's been so humid. Awaiting those lovely cold, crisp mornings which mean I can cycle to work without arriving a sweaty mess.



Inspired by miss loobylu.

3 comments:

Claire said...

Quentin Blake makes me so happy. Love that Matilda pic (is it?). Thanks for playing along this week. xx

Leonie said...

That's got to be Matilda - God I love that book. You know it's a good book when even the movie version is lovely.

(Got here through Loobylu.com - love your little list!)

melbourne dreaming said...

Thanks for the inspiration, Claire! Love your site, and the Wednesday meme.

Glad you like my list Miss Leonie :) and I haven't seen the movie version, I will have to add it to my list...

xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...