Friday, February 01, 2008

A scene from my childhood




I have been spending my Tuesday nights on a lovely illustration course, with a group of other frustrated graphic designers/desk-top publishers/digital retouchers/account executives. The atmosphere is quietly supportive, with not an overblown ego in sight. It just feels so nice to be back in an educational environment. The hallways and stairwells seem infused with hormones and ideas and hope which has not yet been extinguished.

I don't even know where this style of drawing came from - I have never used it before - but I am trying new materials and methods, and having a lot of fun in the process. It turns out, I like drawing dinosaurs and little kids.

Our first project was based around the statement that "Sometimes, it's good to lie". This is one of the pieces I came up with.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...