Tuesday, February 06, 2007

My ipod the Dictator

Did you ever notice that when you put your ipod on "shuffle", the same songs/artists seem to keep popping up? I use this setting all the time (at least an hour a day on the way to work), and I have come to the conclusion that my ipod is trying to tell me something.

My 'pod can't get enough of:

Wanderlust - The Delays
Your Cloud - Tori Amos (we both luuurve this one)
Caring is Creepy - The Shins
5 Years - Björk
Ágætis byrjun - Sigur Rós
Little Green - Joni Mitchell
Where is My Love - Cat Power

My 'pod can't stand:

Anything by Rufus Wainwright - he has never been played on a random setting, EVER.
Martha Wainwright (except Factory)
Lior
Joan As Police Woman
Joanna Newsom (well, she is an acquired taste)
The Flaming Lips

Funny, eh? I don't know what exactly my 'pod has against the Family Wainwright, but it is kind of annoying, especially as they represent an abundance of musical gene-ius.

I mean, I know Rufus can seem kind of whiney to the non-enlightened ear, but there is so much goodness to be had on his Want 1 album. In his hands, a nothin' special lyric like: "My phone's on vibrate for you", becomes a soaring, heavenly plea.

Maybe my mini is just a nasty little homophobe.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...